Thursday, May 7, 2009

I've got him!

I'm not sure if all parents do this or not, but Tim and I often wake up looking for Jack in our bed. Now this would make sense if Jack slept in bed with us, but he rarely has (maybe twice). Tim started doing this first. I was feeding Jack at about 2am and my mom went to get something in my room. She came back laughing that Tim was groping around in the dark looking for Jack. Then I started doing it almost every night.

One time was especially hilarious. I woke up believing that I was breastfeeding Jack only to find myself holding my boob. I panicked and in my search for Jack I woke up Tim.

He said to me, "I have him right here."

"Where?"

"Right here!"

I followed his arm to where he was indicating only to find an empty hand cupping his pillow.

"He's not there!!" After turning on the light we both realized that my mom had Jack with her in the guest room.

We've also had problems because of the stuffed gorilla I sleep with (yes, I sleep with a stuffed animal - deal with it). One night Tim woke up and tried to see if "Jack" was breathing. Another time I was convinced there was a blanket smothering "Jack's" head.

Tim seems to have outgrown this phase, but I can't seem to let it go. I still wake up holding my boobs and last night, while hanging onto the gorilla, I told Tim "I've got him."

Thankfully Jack is safe in his own crib for all of these escapades.

We're so weird...

4 comments:

  1. wonderfully weird...and funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still look for Caed in our bed in the middle of the night and he hasn't slept with us in months. Even at that, he only did it every once in a while. Actually, the other night, I started looking for him on the floor in the middle of the night b/c I thought he was crawling around and I felt guilty for sleeping while he was playing. I think it is just a parental instinct to try to protect our kids even while we are sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, that was friekin' hilarious! I could actually picture that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. actually that would be "Kris Gideon" who said the above...

    ReplyDelete